Friday, May 4, 2012

(almost) Full Term :)


36 weeks, double unders
I'll be 37 weeks (considered full term) this weekend, but I'm trying to mentally prepare for this baby to be overdue and born in June. I'm having a lot more "being pregnant isn't fun anymore" moments, so another 3+ weeks seems like a looooong time!  For the record, any woman that says she likes being pregnant I don't think is referring to the last month of pregnancy.  I know Justin would say I'm complaining a lot more (which, obviously, I am), but I'm still feeling pretty good ... for the most part.  And when I'm not, working out still always makes me feel better.  I've gotten a lot more flexible with my workout schedule, but I'm still working out at least 5 days per week. 

This past week, I've started to accept the logic behind some of the crossfitmom.com recommendations that I was previously dismissing.  Wednesday's workout, "The Chief", had 95# power cleans, and I realized how much my belly is now awkwardly getting in the way when I bend down to pick things up (or do anything that requires getting my hands remotely near my feet).  I did the workout rx'd, but I think it will be the last time during this pregnancy that I'll do barbell lifts from the ground.  It's amazing how fast things change at this point; just last week, I did a 15 min amrap of 400m row, 15 clean & jerks at 75# and had no problem pulling the weight from the ground. 

Burpees at 36 weeks

The Chief:
Max rounds in 3 minutes
3 power cleans (95#)
6 push ups
9 air squats
Rest 1 minute
Repeat for a total of 5 cycles

I set up plates to put my hands and feet on for the push ups so I was able to do full range of motion (chest to plate rather than belly to floor).  Push ups are hard! 

Score: round 1 - 3+2; round 2 - 2+14; round 3 - 2+7; round 4 - 2+6; round 5 2+8

Sticking with my new "no barbell lifts from the ground" rule, I decided to opt for (88#) kettlebell deadlifts in my workout yesterday, making the movement more of a sumo dealift.  Considering I need to get in a wide stance in order to even stand up from a sitting position these days, it makes sense that sumo deadlifts would be a more comfortable movement.  At this point, I feel like I'm just along for the ride with whatever this baby needs my body to do, so I'm sure some additional movements will be added to the "scaled due to pregnancy" list over the next few weeks.  (I'm shocked myself that I'm still able to comfortably do double unders and box jumps).      

         Baby's first CF515 outfit :)
Thanks, Janet!

Last weekend, we had a CrossFit style baby shower at CrossFit515.  Of course there was a workout involved, with a weighted vest for the non-pregnant participants.  Baby V got some sweet baby workout gear ... and some non-workout baby gear too.  Thanks to everyone for making Justin, Baby V, and I feel so important :)  What an amazing community of people -- we feel so lucky to be a part of it!     


















23 days left!



No comments:

Post a Comment