Thursday, November 3, 2011

Competing (with an Extra Teammate)

I'll admit, I'm more than a little sad that I won't be able to compete at regionals in 2012.  In 2011, I competed in the team competition for CrossFit 515. We placed 7th, and it was an amazing weekend. With a due date of May 27, 2012, I'm just hoping the North Central regional is on the earlier end of the April 27-May 27 regionals time frame announced on the Games site so I can at least attend and watch Bobby Noyce, Jaime Noyce (my brother and sister) and team 515 dominate! Besides, with a near conflict in 2011 (Justin and my June 4th wedding), I learned that my major life events are not going to prevent my siblings from making a run at the Games.  (Yes, there was some serious discussion about changing our wedding date if regionals were that weekend!)  
While I can still do most things rx'd, I'm taking advantage and getting my competition fix ...

Lincoln Soldier Challenge
Sept. 18, 2011 (4 weeks)

I found out I was pregnant the day after this competition.  I definitely noticed I had less gas in the tank than I expected during "the Gladiator" (equipment carry, 25 thrusters at 95#, 40 bar facing burpees, 50 overhead walking lunges with 25# plate, equipment return), but I don't think I can blame pregnancy - it was just an overall brutal workout! 


Team CrossFit 515 - 1st Place
Bart, Lindsay (me), Bobby, Jaime
   












 
Life as Rx Chicago Competition at CrossFit Freedom
October 1, 2011 (6 weeks)  

1st Place Team - CrossFit 515 (Ross, Lance, Justin, Lauren)
Ross, Bobby (5th place), Lance, Jaime (2nd place), Justin
Lauren, Lindsay (7th place)

My first individual CrossFit competition!
I hadn't been feeling great during my workouts leading up to this, but I actually felt really good during the competition. Although, 4 workouts in one day with lots of sitting and standing around was exhausting! 

After 3 wods, the top 10 males and females and top 5 teams competed in the last event, which was:
Prowler push down and back
5 snatches 95#
10 bar facing burpees
5 power cleans 95#
10 bar facing burpees
5 thrusters 95#
10 bar facing burpees
Prowler push down and back

I was so tired I didn't even really want to compete in the last event, but I had managed to be in the top 5 females leading into the final wod so I sucked it up.  My first time ever pushing a prowler started off smoothly, then quickly got very hard!  I made it through eveything else ok, then back to slow motion with the prowler. But it was fun competitng with (and getting my ass handed to me by) the women in the final heat. I finished in 12:03 and took 7th place overall. Not bad for a pregnant lady :)  

This weekend, I'm headed with team CrossFit 515 to Springfield, Missouri to compete in the Heart of America team competition.  Hopefully the extra team member doesn't slow me down too much.  Let's go CrossFit 515!!!








  




No comments:

Post a Comment